9 Tips to Help Increase Your Odds of Winning the Lottery
Winning the lottery is a dream come true for everyone. How many times have you heard the water cooler conversation that goes something like this “If I win the lottery I will……. ? The odds of winning the lottery are definitely not in anyone’s favor. In fact the odds of winning the lottery are 1 out of 302,575,350. That means that you are 300 times more likely to get struck by lightning in a one year than winning the lottery! However, there is one man by the name of Richard Lustig who won the lottery 7 times in a 2-year period! His total winnings added up to $842,151.92! Luck plays a big part in winning the lottery. However, many mathematicians have been studying the lottery and have come up with ways to increase your odds of winning.
Here are the 9 tips to help increase your odds of winning the lottery:
9. Buy More Tickets– The more tickets you buy the better your odds of winning are. You have to be in it to win it!
8. Form a Lottery Group– Get a large group of friends together that want to play the lottery on a regular basis. This will increase the amount of tickets you purchase as a group in turn increasing your overall odds of winning. Even after splitting a big jackpot you are still way ahead of the game.
7. Don’t Choose Consecutive Numbers – If you are playing a game of 5 numbers make sure they aren’t consecutive. 70% of winning lottery numbers in a 5 number game always end up with numbers totaling between 104 and 176.
6. Don’t choose numbers that end in the same digit – Studies have shown that numbers with the same ending digits are very rare. For example 26 and 16.
5. Play less popular lottery games– Everyone plays the Mega Millions due to the huge popularity. The ore players that play means that the odds of winning are less. So choose the not so popular games with less players. Your odds will increase automatically.
4. Choose numbers above 31 – People usually play their birthdays and the birthdays of their children or relatives. That means that most people are picking numbers up to 31 for the days in the month. If you play number higher than 31, if you win then there is a higher chance of not having to split the winnings with other players.
3. Play Local Games- Not National Games – The odds of winning a local state game are much higher than the odds of winning a national game such as PowerBall. The reason being is the number of players. Local Games have better odds of winning.
2. Don’t Use Quick Pick Numbers – Don’t Let the Machine Choose Your Numbers. You have better odds if you pick the numbers yourself.
1. Play the same numbers over and over again– Don’t switch your numbers often. Stick with a set of numbers and play them for the long run.
There you have it. The 9 tips to help increase your odds of winning the lottery. Always remember that playing the lottery is gambling. Only play what you can afford to lose without regretting it. Keep it mind that when it comes to gambling and any games of chance, the odds are NEVER in your favor. Always play responsibly and have fun.
The tips in the article are not financial advice. This information is for entertainment purposes only. Play at your own risk.